I was inspired by Michael Hyatt’s post the other day about getting your highlights from your Kindle into Evernote, so I decided to see if I could accomplish the same thing with Microsoft Onenote, since Onenote is my system of choice.
The good news is, it can be done!
- Create your highlights as usual.
- Log into your unique Amazon Kindle page. (I was not aware I had a unique Kindle page until I read Michael Hyatt’s post). It should look like this:
- Click on “Your Books” on the top of the page. You should now see something similar to this:
- Click on the specific book title you want to copy your highlights from. You should get a screen with the book information displayed on top, with your highlights underneath.
- From here, you have several options. You can copy and paste the highlights into Onenote, which I recommend if you plan to do anything except read the text. You can use Onenote to do a screen clipping. Or you can print the page to Onenote, using the “Send to Onenote” print driver.